ABOUT IN-OFFICE LAB TESTS
When conducting an annual physical or evaluating a patient to understand what might be ailing them, it is sometimes important for Dr. Ronald Hudson and Dr. Linda Jill Moore to obtain bodily fluids and have them analyzed. Concierge Medicine of Columbus offers in-office lab testing for many common tests, saving you wait time and extra costs, thanks to our low annual membership fee for residents of Columbus, GA and neighboring regions of Georgia and Alabama.
Types of In-Office Lab Tests
Concierge Medicine of Columbus offers several types of in-office lab tests, including:
- Metabolic panel – A metabolic panel test measures overall health, including blood sugar, electrolytes, kidney health, liver health, and more.
- Complete blood count – A CBC test measures the number of red blood cells, white blood cells, platelets, and other factors in a volume of blood. This test helps screen for blood-related diseases, including leukemia or anemia.
- Lipid panel – A lipid panel assesses cholesterol and triglyceride levels in the blood, helping determine the risk of cardiac problems, such as heart attack.
- Thyroid stimulating hormone – This test measures thyroid and hormone health by checking for an important regulatory hormone called TSH.
- Prothrombin time – A prothrombin time test measures the time it takes for blood to clot, an important measure of the body's self-repair functions.
- Urinalysis – A urinalysis checks the urine for signs of kidney problems and diabetes-related issues, as well as testing overall health.
These tests and others help our doctors assess what might be ailing you and provide the best possible support in treating and preventing illness.
Why Are Lab Tests Important?
Lab testing is one of the most sensitive and accurate diagnostic tools a physical has at her disposal. With the right lab test or series of tests, Dr. Moore and Dr. Hudson can identify markers for disease, metabolic issues, cancer, diabetes, and more. At Concierge Medicine Of Columbus, our in-office lab tests allow us to get quicker results so we can diagnose and treat your condition sooner or relieve your anxiety with healthy, normal results.
In-Office Lab Tests FAQ
When do you have to fast for lab tests?
Some lab tests require you to fast for 8 - 12 hours prior to the sample being taken. Dr. Moore or Dr. Hudson will advise you if you need to fast prior to giving a sample for lab testing. The tests you will typically be asked to fast for include:
- Blood glucose
- Liver function
- HDL (high-density lipoprotein)
- LDL (low-density lipoprotein)
- Metabolic panels
- Renal function panel
How long does it take for lab test results?
At Concierge Medicine of Columbus, because we offer in-office lab testing, we can give you the results of your lab test more quickly than doctors or clinics that need to send their samples to an outside lab. We are typically able to give you your results within 2 - 3 days for most tests.
What problems can lab tests detect?
Lab tests can detect a number of health issues, including:
- Heart disease
- Cirrhosis of the liver
- High cholesterol
- Thyroid disorders
- Kidney disease
- Hepatitis C
Fast Test Results When You Need Them
Because Concierge Medicine of Columbus is the first and only concierge health service in Columbus, GA, we offer unparalleled access and speed when it comes to medical testing. Reach out to Dr. Linda Jill Moore and Dr. Ronald Hudson, and you'll experience a relationship with doctors you can know personally and who are on call for you, even for same-day appointments. If you are experiencing an ailment that might require an expert evaluation, please don't hesitate. Put your health first, and call Concierge Medicine of Columbus today.